The Cold Spring Area Youth Sports Association invites you to participate in the Elementary Youth Basketball Program for Boys and Girls in grades 1st-4th. All practice/games will be played at Cold Spring Elementary. Times will be 9am, 10am, 11am (Specific times will be announced after teams are formed). Each practice/game will be approx. 50 min. The 1st half of each Saturday session will be fundamental skill work and drills, the 2nd half will be scrimmaging 3 on 3, and 4 on 4. *Please consider coaching! – Volunteer coaches (parents/relatives) are needed to make this program possible. There will be 2 Divisions: BOYS & GIRLS 1. Grades 1st & 2nd - 2. Grades 3rd & 4th. Boys and Girls may play together, unless there are enough to form separate boys and girls divisions.
The 4th – 6th grade teams will play in the Highway 55 Youth Travel Basketball League and/or tournaments. The 7th & 8th grade teams will play tournaments only. This is an advanced level of basketball that is highly competitive.
- 4th grade girls and boys will practice once a week starting in November and ending in March
- 5th and 6th grade girls and boys will practice twice a week starting in November and ending in March
- 7th and 8th grade girls will practice based on availability during the basketball season
- 7th and 8th grade boys will practice based on availability during the basketball season
Practice times generally 6 – 7:30 PM or 7:30 – 9 PM during the week or daytime on Saturdays.
- 4th grade games on approximately 6 to 8 Saturdays in December, January, February and March, plus tournament(s)
- 5th & 6th grade games on approximately 8 to 10 Saturdays in December, January, February and March, plus tournament(s)
- 7th and 8th grade will play tournaments based on availability outside of school schedules
- Highway 55 League games are at various locations - Eden Valley, Willmar, Maple Lake, Grove City, New London, Paynesville, Belgrade, Litchfield, Kimball and Rocori.